CHIP CHAT with Chip Magnet Salsa
ECHM, in cooperation with Chip Magnet Salsa, are highlighting the small business operators and entrepreneurs in the Chippewa Valley. We'll hear their stories, get their tips and advice and dig into the many hidden treasures and successful narratives our area has.
Joanne Palzkill from Za51 and Draganetti's joins the Chip Magnet Salsa gang for a fun conversation.
- Find out why she had to PROTECT THE LIQOUR during the construction of the 53-bypass near Draganettis!
-The creation of Za51 and it's continued evolution
- What is the future of Draganetti's...it's not over and she explains
- What are the very real pros and the cons for local restaurants using delivery services such as DoorDash
EPISODE w/ Bob Adrian from Rump's
Rump's in Altoona has developed a cult-like following and devoted customer base that continues to grow. Bob is the guest on this episode of Chip Chat as we look into the development of this Chippewa Valley small business.
- Why he started and how a conversation at a bar turned into a meat market
- The help and support he received from other area meat shops as opposed to getting competition
- How COVID and early supply chain issues nationally, drove new customers to his shop
- What are the best sellers in the area
- What challenges did he face when he was starting and dealing with self-doubt along the way
- Thoughts on future expansion
EPISODE w/ Harmony Wellness
Brenda and Melissa from Harmony Wellness are the guests, discussing the unique business model of this self-care operation. These two are the owners, but partner with other independent entrepreneurs who rent space from them and collectively the business covers a multitude of things from skin care and massage all the way to tattoo removal and much more.
- The unique challenges of starting a business during the ongoing pandemic
- Challenges of marketing multiple brands and the decision they made going forward
- Hiring and using a "business coach"
- What impact, if any, does a recession have on their bottom line
- The most unique tattoos Brenda has been asked to remove
- One of Melissa's past employers...a hint...it's located in Orlando and features a mouse as its mascot!
EPISODE w/ LunchBox EC
Michele, a long time local food entrepreneur and current co-owner of LunchBox EC discusses starting an entirely new business just as COVID-19 was starting. She explains the business model, how her background as a chef at a multitude of locales prepared her and what her food "white whale" is.
- What is LunchBox EC and how it started
- Why is she known for her soups?
- What is her food "white whale". The next dish she wants to master.
- Marketing your business. What works and what doesn't.
- Taking negative feedback
- Handling financials
- Using salsa...real tips from a real chef.
Episode w/ Alexis & Jim from Chip Magnet Salsa
The podcast made by local small business owners for small business owners makes it's debut. We start off by diving right into Chip Magnet Salsa and learn more how this business went from a personal kitchen to a multi-state distribution.
- How Chip Magnet was started
- Turning your home passion into a business
- Identifying your "support" team
- Learning as you go
- Learning about various insurances and regulations
- Being humble
- Benefits and challenges of working with family.