Cooking in the Kitchen with Chip Magnet Salsa
ECHM, in cooperation with Chip Magnet Salsa, are highlighting the small business operators and entrepreneurs in the Chippewa Valley. We'll hear their stories, get their tips and advice and dig into the many hidden treasures and successful narratives our area has.
The Chip Magnet gang talks with fellow local small business owner Dan Beck of Midwest Meals. We learn how Midwest Meals went from concept to being on at the early stages of franchising and unlimited potential. This is a company that has blossomed from a handful of meals prepared a week to thousands!
- How a brief time living, skateboarding and working out in California influenced Dan
- Developing a supply chain and working with other local businesses
- Matching his processes to match the local market
- The process that goes into their meal prep.
- Trying to grow into a national brand, and how he got connected to the guy behind Panera Bread's franchise growth.
- Finding that "support structure" such as former professors, business groups, etc.
- Utilizing the fear of failure.
The podcast made by local small business owners for small business owners makes it's debut. We start off by diving right into Chip Magnet Salsa and learn more how this business went from a personal kitchen to a multi-state distribution.
- How Chip Magnet was started
- Turning your home passion into a business
- Identifying your "support" team
- Learning as you go
- Learning about various insurances and regulations
- Being humble
- Benefits and challenges of working with family.