Having a Scoop with Ramone's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor
ECHR, in cooperation with Ramone's in downtown Eau Claire, are highlighting area agencies that are bettering our community. Each month, we'll sit down at Ramone's and learn more about these outstanding individuals and organizations all while relaxing with some great ice cream from a family-run operation.
Don and Kyle from Roundtable Revival discuss their organization that focuses on helping released inmates re-enter society.
Kyle, a released inmate himself, tells his personal story of being incarcerated and upon release needing to find his way. Now he wants to help others who he knows experience the same problems.
Many times, leaving jail isn't the end its only the beginning of problems.
Blayne and Kayla take this podcast to reset the scene and update everyone on the entire mission of their local business
- We learn about the School Hero Award Program
- How the Cash for a Cause Program has worked over the last year and the impact
- Their upcoming Mother's Day promotion
- What may be in store for Ramones upcoming opening anniversary
- And, having their business survive a difficult 2020 with the help of so many people and the community
Kali Foster from the ECCHA is the gues and tells us all about the upcoming Fido and Friends event, the mission of the association and the process for adopting a new family pet.
Plus, Kayla from Ramones introduces us to their all-new "School Hero Program" which you definitely want to hear about!
Olaf Lind, the communications director of the Chippewa Valley Museum, joins the program to talk about what is happening.
1) What they did to stay relevant during pandemic (social media)
2) How can you make submissions to the museum?
3) How is the museum funded?
And what is this about a private library? Olaf spills the beans on a little known resource the museum has!
On this edition, Jennifer from the Family Resource Center gives us an inside that look and background information on an organization that annually serves parents & children in the area.
What are their programs
Who uses the Family Resource Center (the answer may surprise you)
What needs do they have
Adjustments during the pandemic