Having a Scoop with Ramone's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor
ECHR, in cooperation with Ramone's in downtown Eau Claire, are highlighting area agencies that are bettering our community. Each month, we'll sit down at Ramone's and learn more about these outstanding individuals and organizations all while relaxing with some great ice cream from a family-run operation.
EPISODE #14 - T.J. Atkins from The Community Table
This episode features a conversation with T.J. Atkins who heads up The Community Table. This organization serves more than 30k meals locally every year and we get the low down on how this takes place.
- What adjustments have they made during the pandemic and which ones may actually have led to long lasting improvements and opportunities.
-We also discuss what type of meals are served, and the fact that anyone who needs a meal is welcome...no questions asked!
PISODE #13 - Josh from Mighty Maddy's Mission
Josh from Mighty Maddy's Mission is here with the inspiring story of this unique and wonderful organization. What was the inspiration and what is the family looking to accomplish in memory of Maddy?
- We learn about the organization's goal of helping to provide birthday parties and celebrations for family's impacted by illness necessitating hospital stays. Also, how the organization's offerings continue to expand.
- How the organization turns the hair loss that unfortunately comes with cancer treatments into something for kids to CELEBRATE and own this moment as opposed to it being just another negative.
- Josh takes us through the moment he learned of his daughter's diagnosis.
- How the organization hopes to expand.
- Their tinsel and tidings fundraiser
- And much more.